Many people out there appreciate the straightened hair for a smooth and sophisticated look. Regardless of curly or wavy or whatever hair type, flat iron hair straightener works best to achieve a dashing look. It used to have a tough job to straighten hair conveniently before its existence. The phenomenon of hair straightening is not anymore any rocket science, thanks to flat iron straighteners, a user-friendly hair gadget. Gone are the days when you had to visit a salon for straight hair. Flat iron hair Straighteners are easy to use, and you can conveniently use them at home.
Interestingly, flat ironing your hair can teach you that you can do several fun different things with your hair that you might haven’t explored yet. Once you step out of your hair comfort zone, the sky is the limit.
Let us explore first how hair straighteners work.
How Does Flat Iron Hair Straightener work?
Science says that when you apply heat to your hair, similar to how you do with a hair straightener, the hydrogen bonds of hair break apart. Yes, you read it right. Though it may sound like hair-damaging through broken down of hair hydrogen, you may get surprised to know that hydrogen bonds get broken each time you wet your hair as well.
When your hair dries after you come out of the shower, the hydrogen bonds ultimately change and keep the shape of your hair at that precise moment. That is the reason for your hairstyle variations based on the technique you use while using a hair straightener.
Imagine you’ve had a long-drawn day. You came home under the rain with braids still stuck on your head. As you were tired, you decided to sleep early and find your hair curly from the braids. In this case, your hydrogen bonds of hair got broken from the rain. However, they maintain the curls’ shape as the hydrogen bonds form again as a consequence of drying.
Similar is the case with hair straighteners. Once your hair receives heat from it, it breaks down to adjust to a new shape. As it dries, it results in straight and silky hair.
How to Use Flat Iron Hair Straightener Effectively?
Hair straighteners are the best tools that enable those with wavy or curly hair to achieve sleek, straight locks.
- Firstly, you should prepare your hair with moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Once you wash and condition your hair, ensure that your hair is entirely dry before using a hair straightener.
- In case you have a lot of hair or thick hair, you may want to segment off your hair to ensure a uniform application of the straightener.
- You should use the lowest heat setting to circumvent damage if you have thin hair. You can increase the temperature if you have very thick or coarse hair.
- You would go slowly on each section, so you don’t have to go over the piece of hair many times. Going over sections of hair with heat many times can damage your hair quickly.
- You can use a serum to prevent frizz once you finish straightening your hair. It will keep your hair looking smooth and silky. You should ensure that you apply the serum after hair turns cooled down.
In case your excitement motivates you to experiment with different hairstyles for work and other occasions, it is worth investing in buying a superior-quality hair straightener. Here you can find out classy hair straighteners to make a small yet significant change to boost your confidence and outsmart appearance.